You are a W2R student if you are transferring from FRCC to CSU in a science major.
W2R is a free program to all FRCC–>CSU transfer students in the sciences. Unless you intentionally opt-out, you are automatically enrolled. 🙂
- Events Calendar
- Apply to the W2R Learning Community
- FRCC students: Schedule a pre-transfer appointment
- Colorado Reverse Transfer
- On-campus (CSU) computer labs (free printing)
- W2R Canvas
- Staff contact info
- Essential CSU Resources
- In the News
- Emergency Fund
The W2R Peer Mentor Team! (from left to right: Fabian, Nikki, Heather, Emily, Carolina and Mark)
Visit our Canvas page! (same as D2L at FRCC)
W2R’s Canvas has tons of relevant information! You should automatically see W2R on your list of courses in Canvas (be sure to click “ALL COURSES”). If you don’t, please let us know.
Click HERE to go to Canvas.
Join the W2R Learning Community
W2R is interested in your long-term career success. That’s why we offer tips on a successful transition to CSU and professional development opportunities through our learning community (LC).
If you are a W2R NSF Scholar or a W2R NIH Research Trainee, you are automatically a part of the learning community!
We invite all other W2R students to apply to join our learning community, the best way to engage with our overall program.
The W2R LC combines a 1-credit, upper division class called “Becoming a Scientist” with peer mentorship, customized advising, and enrollment in other required classes for students in our majors (physics, calc, o-chem). This combo of services will enhance your first semester experience at CSU and set you up for continued success in the few remaining semesters you have at CSU.
In the LC, you will:
- improve your networking skills
- develop your skills and identity as a “scientist”
- learn about all the research and internship opportunities available to science students at CSU
- make some friends, which really helps motivate you throughout your time here CSU. Friends make us better!
Join the W2R LC by applying here.
It’s possible that your academic department is doing something to help you get ready to graduate at the end of this semester. As a W2R student, you have extra services at your disposal.
- Commencement info, including cap/gown, tickets, and ceremony time
- Post-college career counseling and/or graduate school application advising
- A double check through your Degree Audit (aka DARS) to confirm you’ve done everything right
- A graduation cord to accent your cap and gown outfit at commencement!
Are you graduating this semester? Look out for an email from us around mid-semester, to fill out our Exit Survey and to receive your graduation cord.
Email Orlando.Cruz@colostate.edu or schedule an appointment to learn more.
Pre-COVID Wolves to Rams Event at CSU’s Ram Welcome!!!
Keep scrolling to find links that will help you succeed here at CSU and meet the staff of W2R!!
Essential CSU Resources
- TILT (The Institute for Learning and Teaching)– A place that provides direct support to enhance student success, go-to place for tutoring in many subjects.
- Health Professions Advising– A place to get information on everything pre-heath, including potential career paths, MCAT prep, on-campus clubs, undergraduate planning/resources and scheduling appointments with your heath adviser. Their office is located in the TiLT building.
- Rams Against Hunger- Mobile food pantry, Pocket pantries throughout campus, Ram Food Recovery Program, Free meal plans
- CLeRC (Chemistry Learning Resource Center)– Open study space, Textbook/reference resources, Educational technology, Additional classroom/presentation space, Computer lab
- Transfer Programs @CSU (Orientation and Transition Programs)– An additional resource with programs catered to the unique experience of Transfer Students
- Adult Learner and Veteran Services Office– A place for Adult learners/Veterans alike to come to receive support, study space and camaraderie
- Parking/Permits – If you need to drive to campus, here’s where to park your car, how and other transportation options!
- Computer Rental/Computer Labs– Forget your laptop? You can rent one for free or work in a computer lab in various locations
- Library: http://lib.colostate.edu/laptops
- Health and Human Sciences: https://www.chhs.colostate.edu/technology/labs/laptop/
- Engineering Network Services (ENS): https://www.engr.colostate.edu/ets/reserving-rooms-and-equipment/
- College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences (A/Z E113): https://cnsit.colostate.edu/kb/cns-computer-lab/
- Computer Rental/Lab Location list: http://www.acns.colostate.edu/Labs
- Printing Labs (Free) – Need to print a paper or material for class?
- Psychology: http://psychology.colostate.edu/students/c80sch.shtml
- Biochemistry & Molecular Biology: http://www.bmb.colostate.edu/undergraduates/computer-lab/
- Engineering: https://www.engr.colostate.edu/ets/labs-and-classrooms/
- College of Natural Sciences Lab (Biology Bldg 136): https://cnsit.colostate.edu/kb/cns-computer-lab/
- Adult Learning and Veteran Services (ALVS) Office: http://alvs.colostate.edu
Your W2R Peeps
Need help with something? Have a random question about anything CSU or science-related that you haven’t figured out yet? You have people to ask!
Call or make an appointment with our peer mentors or staff, below.
W2R Peer Mentors
W2R peer mentors are current CSU students who have “been there.” They know what it feels like to transfer from Front Range Community College to CSU and can answer any questions you may have!
To find their contact information, log into Canvas, then click:
> B2B/W2R Advising
> Meet Your Peer Mentors
Orlando Cruz — W2R Transfer Student Success Coach
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523
Erin Pitts — Assistant Director, W2R
Front Range Community College – Larimer Campus
Fort Collins, CO