The Wolves to Rams NSF Scholarship helps FRCC students transfer to and graduate from CSU in STEM and natural resources.
Wolves to Rams NSF Scholarship – The application is closed, and will re-open in October 2022.
The NSF Scholarship includes customized CSU transfer advising, STEM workshops, faculty mentorship, and a peer community. Scholars can receive up to 7 total semesters of scholarship money (3 semesters at FRCC and 4 at CSU). Each year we select 30 new scholars, and each scholar can receive up to $30,000 over 7 semesters. Scholars will participate in professional conferences, graduate school preparation, and research lab experiences. The scholarship is renewable based on active participation, commitment, and academic performance. The Wolves to Rams scholarship supports students in many STEM fields such as engineering, chemistry, math, computer science, wildlife biology, forestry, horticulture and many other fields.
|FRCC Spring 2022||FRCC Fall 2022||FRCC Spring 2023||CSU Fall 2023||CSU Spring 2024||CSU Fall 2024||CSU Spring 2025||Graduate from CSU!|
|Up to $2500||Up to $3750||Up to $3750||Up to $5000||Up to $5000||Up to $5000||Up to $5000|
- Currently enrolled at FRCC (any campus)
- Have already earned a high school diploma or GED prior to fall semester 2021
- Have not previously earned a bachelor’s degree (it’s ok if you have attended a university)
- Plan to be enrolled at FRCC for spring 2022, fall 2022, and spring 2023. This means you plan to begin classes at CSU in fall 2023
- US citizen, permanent resident, or have refugee/asylum status
- Eligible for federal financial aid with FAFSA on file at FRCC for 2021-2022 academic year (FRCC FAFSA code is 007933)
- Interest in pursuing any of the eligible CSU majors listed below. You can change your intended major at any time, but if you change out of an eligible major you will not continue to recieve the W2R scholarship.
How to Apply –
You must be a Front Range CC student to apply.
- The application for the W2R NSF Scholarship will open in October 2022.
- Once the link to the application is available, bookmark the application page and write down your password, so you can log in and out of the application
- Please type your essay responses into a word document so you don’t lose your work – then copy and paste into the application
- Decisions will be made after fall semester grades post – late December to early January
Eligible CSU (Fort Collins) Majors for the NSF scholarship
|College of Agricultural Sciences||Walter Scott, Jr. College of Engineering||College of Health and Human Sciences||Warner College of Natural Resources||College of Natural Sciences||College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences|
| Animal Sciences |
Soil & Crop Sciences
|Chemical & Biological Engineering |
|Nutrition & Food Science |
Fermentation Science & Technology
|Ecosystem Science & Sustainability|
Fish, Wildlife & Conservation Biology
Natural Resource Management